Intellectual Wellness involves using a variety of mental abilities to help individuals organize experiences, problem solve, think creatively and expand their knowledge. It helps individuals be open-minded about new ideas and seek challenges throughout their lives.
Why is Intellectual Wellness Important?
When one is able to concentrate, think clearly and enjoy an enhanced memory, academic success can follow. Developing intellectual curiosity will expand and challenge one’s mind, as well as being open to new experiences and improving various skill sets.
Examples of Intellectual Wellness:
- Find practical applications for learning
- Positive psychology and mental health
- Practice critical thinking
- Attend campus events that provide new experiences
- Download an app that tests your cognitive abilities
Intellectual Wellness Campus Resources:
- Pat Walker Health Center
- Free, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
An online library of high-quality instructional videos on the
latest software tools and skills free online courses for UARK students, faculty, and staff
- Tuition Benefits
- UARK Libraries