University of Arkansas Staff Senate Scholarships are offered for the fall and/or spring semesters with up to $250.00 awarded per semester. The number of scholarships and amount awarded per recipient is determined by the Staff Senate and dependent on funds available.
A staff member may apply for a Staff Senate Scholarship if they are eligible to receive the tuition waiver employment benefit as defined in Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 512.0 at the start of the semester that the scholarship award would be applied.
UAF employees hired prior to May 1, 2017, will be eligible for a 90% tuition discount at the Fayetteville campus providing they were enrolled in a degree program and received the discount prior to May 1, 2017, and remain continuously enrolled in the same degree program. Employees meeting these criteria enrolled in a degree program offered by any other campus of the University of Arkansas can receive a 70% tuition discount for undergraduate and eligible graduate courses.
UAF employees hired after May 1, 2017, or who begin taking classes or resume taking classes after May 1, 2017, will receive a 90% reduction in tuition at the Fayetteville campus, but will be limited to no more than 132 discounted credit hours for undergraduate classes and no more than 72 discounted credit hours for graduate classes. Employees in this category can receive a 50% discount for undergraduate courses only taken at any other University of Arkansas campus, up to 132 credit hours.
Spouses and eligible dependent children will receive a 50% discount for undergraduate classes only, up to 132 credit hours. Spouses and eligible dependent children can receive a 40% discount in undergraduate classes (limited to 132 credit hours) at any other campus of the University of Arkansas.
Exclusions and Limitations
- Discount applies to Resident Tuition only; no discount for fees.
- The Tuition Discount applies to for credit classes only, audited classes on a space available basis only.
- Payroll deduction available for the remaining balance after the discount is applied.
- Tuition discount does not apply to Law School, Medical School or correspondence courses.
- Total employee enrollment at reduced rates shall not exceed 11 semester credit hours per fall and spring semester and a total of 6 semester credit hours during the summer terms.
- Employees can request supervisor approval for up to five hours of release time to attend one class per semester during working hours.
A new waiver form is required for each fall, spring and summer semester. See the Treasurer's Office website for Tuition Waiver forms. Contact the Treasurer's Office at 479-575-2004 for questions.
In order to increase the degree completion rate among employees and develop the university’s human capital, the University of Arkansas also has a Employee Educational Development Incentive policy that provides financial incentive for degree completion by benefit-eligible employees.