Employee Service Awards
Another method of demonstrating the significance and value of our employees is through the Employee Service Awards and Career Service Payments. These awards acknowledge University employees who attain certain service milestones during each calendar year.
This annual celebration recognizes Service Award recipients with 10 or more years of service as well as the Employees of the Quarter, Employees of the Year, Staff Senate's Team Award and Scholarship winners, and full-time staff who have recently completed a degree program at the University of Arkansas.
Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz and other university administrators will be joined by members of the Staff Senate and the award recipients supervisors and guests in thanking these valued employees for their contributions, their accomplishments, and their years of service. Service award recipients will be presented with a certificate and their pre-selected gift of appreciation and Employee of the Year receives a plaque.
For more information about the Employee of the Year or Employees of the Quarter, Staff Team Awards, or Part Time Staff Award go to the Staff Senate Website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Determined by Total number of years a non-faculty employee has worked for the University of Arkansas.
- Only complete years in a non-student role qualify.
- Hourly appointed or regular appointed 50% and greater.
- Positions can be classified, non-classified or administrator.
- Must have 10+ Years of Service then every 5 years after. (10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50)
Place: Fayetteville Town Center 15 West Mountain Fayetteville
Date/Time: October 9, 2018 with Cocktails beginning at 5:15pm.
Dinner and program will begin at 6:00pm and last until 8:00pm.
Parking: Free parking is available in the adjoining parking deck starting at 4:30pm
- Each recipient will receive an email to select your service award gift and verify the spelling of your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate.
- Formal invitations from Chancellor Steinmetz will arrive in campus mail early September.
- You will be asked to RSVP for you and a guest by a specific deadline date.
- Banquet seating is unassigned and you are welcome to sit with your friends and colleagues.
- Following dinner there will be one to two brief speeches followed by a short presentation.
- During the award ceremony individual names are announced and the recipient will walk to the presentation area to receive their award from Chancellor Steinmetz.
- The award ceremony moves fairly quickly and the banquet usually adjourns by 8:00 pm
Eligible employees and their immediate supervisors will be sent a formal invitation to the banquet in September. Administrators and supervisors are strongly encouraged to attend in support of the employees who are begin honored.
Human Resources will contact eligible employees during the month of August to ask for their choice of gift and to verify the spelling of their name for the certificate of appreciation. Employees with UA email accounts will be contacted via email.
Attendance is strictly voluntary. If you are unable to attend your gift will be mailed to you shortly after the banquet.
List of Recipients for Review by Departments
A report generated from the UA Service Date field in the BASIS leave and service accrual screen (SADE) indicates that the following employees are eligible for recognition at this year's banquet.
Please use the Dean, Directors, and Department Head Review List to audit the Years of Service Award recipients for your division.
Career Service Payment
An employee in a full-time (100%) appointed position not defined as faculty will become eligible for career service recognition payments upon the completion of 10 or more years of service . If you have worked for another state agency or state-supported institution of higher education in an eligible position, you will be given credit for your years of full-time service. Proof of prior service is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Full-time 100% appointed.
- Have ten or more years of service at another state agency or state-supported institution of higher education in Arkansas (proof of prior service required).
- Classified and Non-classified (not defined as faculty)