New Employee Benefits Enrollment
As a new employee of the University of Arkansas, you have 31 days from your benefits-eligible appointment date to enroll in retirement and insurance benefits. Your coverage will be effective the first day of the month following the date your enrollment is completed.
You will find a summary of your University of Arkansas benefits, including premiums, in the New Employee Benefits Booklet. You should attend a New Employee Orientation. Enrollment in some benefits (retirement, basic life insurance and basic disability insurance) is mandatory and is considered a condition of employment.
You will need the following to begin the enrollment process:
- Covered dependents' names, dates of birth, genders and Social Security numbers
- Beneficiaries' names, dates of birth, genders and relationship to you. If you are naming a trust as your beneficiary, the name of the trust and the trust date.
- Documentation of Dependent Eligibility (government issued marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc.) is required for covering any dependents on UA health, dental and vision insurance plans.
Enroll Online Using WebBASIS
- Go to webBASIS and login as an Employee/Affiliate using your UARK ID and password.
- Go to My Benefits.
- Go to Spouse/Dependents (for Benefits) to add any dependents you will be covering on your UA health, dental and vision insurances. Click on Validate and then Save. Click on Return to go to the next step.
- Go to New Benefits Enrollment to begin your benefits enrollment process.
- Complete Step 1, Acknowledgement of Benefits Policies. Complete each step before moving on. Click on Validate and then Save. Click on Return to go to the next step.
- Complete Step 2, Mandatory Benefits Enrollment. Use this screen to enroll in Flexible Spending, Health Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Insurance, and Retirement participation. Click on Validate and then Save. Click on Return to go to the next step.
- Complete Step 3, Optional Benefits. Use this screen to enroll in Optional Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Optional Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, AD&D Insurance and to name your beneficiaries (required). Click on Validate and then Save. Click on Return.
- At this point, you have completed your benefits enrollment and it has been submitted to Human Resources for approval. You will receive a confirmation email when your enrollment has been completed.
- Submit your Documentation of Dependent Eligibility (government issued marriage licenses, birth certificates, etc.) if you are covering any dependents on your UA Health, Dental and Vision plans. Your benefits' enrollment will not be approved until documentation is submitted. Fax documentation to 479-575-6971 or email to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and employee ID on your documents.
- Go to TIAA (enroll online) and/or Fidelity (enroll online) to complete your online retirement account enrollment process.
Manual Enrollment Process
You can complete paper enrollment forms and submit them to Human Resources rather than using the online enroll. Partial enrollment paperwork will not be accepted. Do not turn in the enrollment forms if you complete the webBASIS enrollment process.
- Group Benefits Enrollment Form (required form)
- Salary Deferral Agreement (required form)
- Acknowledgment of Benefits Policies Form (required form)
- Health Coverage Enrollment Form (UMR) (complete only if enrolling)
- Dental Coverage Enrollment Form (Delta Dental) (complete only if enrolling)
- Vision Insurance Enrollment Form (Superior Vision) (complete only if enrolling)
- Dependent Verification Form (required if covering spouse/children on insurance) Also include required dependent documentation
- Flexible Spending Account Enrollment Form (FSA) (complete only if enrolling)
All benefits enrollment forms must be completed with dark black or blue ink, signed, dated and returned to:
University of Arkansas
222 Administration Building
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Contact an HR Expert with questions.
All benefits-eligible employees hired July 1, 2016, and after must enroll in the UA 403(b)/457(b) Retirement Plan. If you are a transfer from another University of Arkansas System campus and participated in APERS OR ATRS, you may be able to continue to participate in APERS. Contact HR for additional information. See links below for additional information on the UA Retirement Plan:
- Retirement Information
- Fidelity Guide to Getting Started
- TIAA Enrollment Guide
- Retirement Summary Plan Description
- Retirement Counseling Schedule
Additional information for your UA insurances plans is available on HR's website. See links below:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Insurance Premiums
- Medical Coverage Summary Plan Description
- Medical Plan Comparison
- Find a Healthcare Provider
- Prescription Formulary
- Dental Coverage Summary Plan Description
- Vision Insurance Summary Plan Description
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Short-term Disability Summary Plan Description
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Summary Plan Description
- Life Insurance Summary Plan Description
Flexible Spending Accounts
All benefits-eligible employees are eligible to enroll in Critical Illness Insurance and Group Rated Auto/Home Insurance. You enroll directly with the vendor, not through Human Resources. You have 31 days from your benefits eligibility appointment date to enroll in Critical Illness Insurance. You may enroll in Auto/Home Insurance at any time. See below for links to our website with additional information, including contact information: