Payroll Deductions

(Arkansas Code Ann. § 19-4-1602; Act 1795 of 2003; Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 322.1)

The university is required by law to withhold part of your pay each month for federal and state income taxes and for social security and Medicare taxes. Early in the calendar year, you will receive a W-2 form which will show your earnings for the previous calendar year and the amounts withheld for income and Social Security taxes.

You may request that amounts be withheld from your check for other purposes, including retirement contributions; group life, medical, dental, vision care and long-term disability insurance premiums; flexible spending account payments; United Way, University of Arkansas annual fund and other University of Arkansas Foundation fund contributions; HPER memberships; union dues; and payments for parking permits and fines. If you would like any of these deductions made to your pay checks, the payroll section of Human Resources can help you.

Monday, September 28, 2009 3:29 PM