The University of Arkansas vision care plan, administrated by EyeMed, covers eye examinations, prescription eyewear and contact lenses. Employees who enroll in the university's vision plan choose between the Basic Plan and the Enhanced Plan. The provisions of each plan can be found on the EyeMed Vision Benefit Summary: Basic Plan page or on the EyeMed Vision Benefit Summary: Enhanced Plan page.
Enrollment and Provider Selection
Employees enrolled in the vision plan choose an eye care provider from a broad-based network of both ophthalmologists and optometrists. To choose a provider or ensure that your current provider is in the EyeMed Insight network, call 866-804-0982 or go to www.eyemed.com. Click on the green Find an eye doctor on the top right, select Insight Network from the drop-down menu, click on Use my Location or enter your ZIP code and click Search By Zip. Scroll down to see the results. Click Search by Doctor to look for your current physician.
EyeMed In-network Provider
- Identify yourself to the in-network provider as a member of the EyeMed Insight Network using your ID card or providing your name, employer name and your unique identification number. All covered family members can use your ID card.
- The provider will contact EyeMed to verify your eligibility and obtain an authorization number. The in-network provider will submit your claims.
- Pay the provider directly for any appropriate co-payments or charges above the covered benefits.
- When using an out-of-network provider, pay out-of-pocket for the expenses and then submit the receipts to EyeMed for reimbursement.
- You can submit the Reimbursement for Out-of-Network Benefit form to EyeMed along with a copy of your receipts.
- You will be reimbursed based on the out-of-network rates.