Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverage protects you and your family against losses that occur in the event of an accident resulting in death or the loss of sight or limb.
AD&D insurance is available to employees in non-student positions who work at least 20 hours per week.
Employees may purchase coverage in units of $25,000, up to $300,000.
Spouses are covered for up to 60% of the employee's elected coverage. Eligible children are covered at 20% of the employee’s elected coverage not to exceed $25,000.
Claims should be made within 90 days of the accident or loss of life. AD&D coverage for an injury resulting in death or dismemberment (loss of member, such as a hand, foot or sight) pays as follows:
|Loss of life||100%|
|Loss of both hands or both feet||100%|
|Loss of entire sight in both eyes||100%|
|Loss of one hand or one foot||50%|
|Loss of entire sight in one eye||50%|
|Loss of speech||50%|
|Loss of hearing in both ears||50%|
|Loss of thumb and index finger on same hand||25%|
- Login to webBASIS and go to My Benefits and then Optional Benefits to change your beneficiary for your AD&D and your UA Life Insurance.
- You can also download the Group Benefits Change Form, complete the first section and the Beneficiary Changes section and return the signed form to Human Resources.
File an Accidental Death Claim
Accidental death claims are filed when an accident results in death or dismemberment. AD&D pays in addition to your regular life insurance.
To file an AD&D accidental death claim, the beneficiary or the beneficiary's representative should make and an appointment with HR Expert Tracee Riggs. Bring a certified death certificate to the appointment where the following topics will be addressed:
- Future health insurance coverage for surviving spouses or family
- Retirement account processes for the beneficiary
- Filing a life insurance claim procedures
HR will file the death claim.