Open Enrollment for UA Benefits Plans 11/1/2018 - 11/30/2018
The open enrollment period will begin November 1, 2018, and will end November 30, 2018. No enrollments or changes after November 30, 2018, will be accepted. Open Enrollment changes are effective 1/1/2019.
The following notifications have been distributed:
- Benefits Bulletin - mailed to home addresses
- Open Enrollment Decision Guide - mailed to home addresses
NEW FOR 1/1/2019:
Wellness Enhancements and Changes
Our wellness program will provide opportunities to earn incentives for healthy choices (see Benefits Bulletin)
- During enrollment, you must complete the Tobacco Pledge and Notice on webBASIS and, if applicable, enroll in a tobacco cessation program to avoid a $50 monthly tobacco surcharge
- A new, free, weight-loss program called Real Appeal will be available
Medical Plan Changes
If you’re in the Health Savings Plan, The University’s contribution to your Health Savings Account (HSA) will increase: $500 for individual coverage; $1,000 for family coverage
- If you’re in the Classic or Premier Plans and visit the emergency room, you’ll pay a $250 copay each visit (waived if you’re admitted to the hospital)
- Coverage will be provided for infertility treatment and services
Disability Insurance Changes
- Optional Long-Term Disability (LTD) coverage will increase to a maximum coverage level of $500,000.
- No changes in coverage or premiums.
- Go to Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield for a list of providers.
- See the Dental Plan Summary for coverage and Insurance Premiums for cost.
- No changes in coverage or premiums.
- Go to Superior Vision's website to search for a provider.
- See the Vision Plan Summaryand Insurance Premiums for additional information.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Annual Enrollment required.
- Healthcare FSA is for employees who participate in the Classic Plan, Premier Plan and for those who don't participate in UA insurance.
- HSA is only for employees who participate in the Health Savings Plan.
- Employer contribution to the HSA for 2019 participants is $500 for individual and $100 for family.
During this Open Enrollment period, employees may:
- Enroll in or cancel health, dental and vision coverage. No annual re-enrollment required.
- Enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement & Dependent Care Reimbursement). Annual enrollment required.
- Enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA) for voluntary employee contributions. Can only enroll in an HSA if enrolled in the Health Savings Plan.
- Add or delete dependents from health, dental or vision.
- Change your vision elections between Basic & Enhanced.
- Change the status of health, dental & vision premiums between after-tax and pre-tax. No annual election required.
- Enroll in Optional Long Term Disability Insurance. New Optional LTD enrollments will be subject to a pre-existing condition exclusion for the first 12 months of coverage.
All employees adding dependents to their health, dental & vision coverage plans will be required to provide the completed Dependent Verification Form and copies of dependent documentation.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Enrollments and changes to Flexible Spending, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance can be done via webBASIS:
Go to webBASIS & log in using your UARK ID and password.
- If you will be covering dependents go to My Benefits and then Spouse/Dependents (for Benefits) to view your current dependents and add new dependents. Remember, you must submit Dependent Documentation before dependents can be added. Send dependent documentation and the Dependent Verification form to Human Resources, fax to 479-575-6971 or email to email@example.com.
- Go to My Benefits and then Annual Benefits Enrollment to make your enrollment changes.
- Remember, you must Validate and Save before your transaction is finalized.
- Complete the Group Benefits Enrollment Form to enroll in Optional Long Term Disability Insurance
- See below for copies of the enrollment forms if you prefer to complete a paper enrollment form rather than complete the webBASIS enrollment. WebBASIS enrollment is not available for Optional Long Term Disability Insurance, see below for enrollment forms.
- Tobacco Attestation Pledge
- Flexible Spending Enrollment Form
- Health Savings Account (HSA) Enrollment Form
- Health Coverage Enrollment Form (UMR)
- Dental Coverage Enrollment Form (Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield)
- Vision Insurance Enrollment Form (Superior Vision)
- Group Benefits Change Form (for Optional Long Term Disability Insurance)
- Cancel Health, Dental and/or Vision
- Premium Conversion (change between tax-exempt and after-tax premiums)