Open Enrollment for Health, Dental, Vision Coverage & Flexible Spending Accounts 11/1/2016 - 11/30/2016
The open enrollment period will begin November 1, 2016, and will end November 30, 2016. No enrollments or changes after November 30, 2016, will be accepted. During this Open Enrollment period, employees may:
Enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care Reimbursement & Dependent Care Reimbursement). Annual enrollment required.
- Enroll in or cancel health, dental and vision coverage. No annual re-enrollment required.
- Add or delete dependents from health, dental or vision.
- Change your health elections between Classic & POS.
- Change your vision elections between Basic & Enhanced.
- Change the status of health, dental & vision premiums between after-tax and pre-tax. No annual election required.
- Enroll in Optional Long Term Disability Insurance. New Optional LTD enrollments will be subject to a pre-existing condition exclusion for the first 12 months of coverage.
- Enroll in Critical Illness Insurance. Complete enrollment form below in the forms section and submit it directly to MetLife.
- All Open Enrollment changes are effective 1/1/2017.
All employees adding dependents to their health, dental & vision coverage plans will be required to provide documentation of dependent eligibility.
NEW FOR 1/1/2017:
- No changes in premiums, deductibles, coinsurance or out of pocket maximum.
- Colonoscopy prep medications and cologuard kits will be covered at 100% as part of the $0 preventive services.
- Bariatric surgery will be covered for members meeting medical and prior authorization guidelines. Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Gender dysphoria coverage will be available within the federal Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements. Contact Human Resources at email@example.com for details.
- Ultrasound coverage for maternity care has been clarified. The first ultrasound in maternity care will be covered at 100% for In-Network regardless of prior ultrasounds provided during the plan year. Subsequent ultrasounds will apply to deductible and coinsurance.
Dental Coverage - No changes in coverage or premiums.
Vision Insurance - No changes in coverage or premiums.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Annual Enrollment required.
- $500 of unused 2016 Healthcare FSA will rollover to 2017.
- Grace Period for Dependent Care FSA.
Life, Disability & AD&D Changes:
- No changes in coverage or premiums.
- No Open Enrollment for Optional Life, Dependent Life or Optional Short Term Disability insurance.
- Open Enrollment for Optional Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance. Coverage for pre-existing conditions will be excluded for the first 12 months of coverage.
- Auto/Home Insurance – can enroll at any time.
- Critical Illness Insurance – enrollment option available.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
Enrollments and changes to Flexible Spending, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance can be done via webBASIS:
- Go to webBASIS & log in using your UARK ID and password.
- If you will be covering dependents go to My Benefits and then Spouse/Dependents (for Benefits) to view your current dependents and add new dependents. Remember, you must submit Dependent Documentation before dependents can be added. Send dependent documentation and the Dependent Verification form to Human Resources, fax to 479-575-6971 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to My Benefits and then Annual Benefits Enrollment to make your enrollment changes.
- Remember, you must Validate and Save before your transaction is finalized.
- Complete the Group Benefits Enrollment Form to enroll in Optional Long Term Disability Insurance
- See below for copies of the enrollment forms if you prefer to complete a paper enrollment form rather than complete the webBASIS enrollment. WebBASIS enrollment is not available for Optional Long Term Disability Insurance, see below for enrollment forms.
- Flexible Spending Enrollment Form
- Health Coverage Enrollment Form (UMR)
- Dental Coverage Enrollment Form (Delta Dental)
- Vision Insurance Enrollment Form(Superior Vision)
- Group Benefits Change Form (for Optional Long Term Disability Insurance)
- Critical Illness Kit and Enrollment Form (MetLife)