Automated Employment Verification
The university is using The Work Number, Equifax’s online verification service, to provide automated employment and income verifications on university employees. The Work Number is the nation’s leading employment verification service and securely and instantly provides the verifications you need to keep life moving.
This automated service accelerates credit decisions by providing verifiers—mortgage lenders, credit card companies, auto dealers and more—with proof of your employment or income. Using The Work Number will serve to simplify the verification process and accelerate credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How it Works:
- The University of Arkansas payroll department securely transmits employment and income data to The Work Number on a regular cycle, so the information remains current.
- When you apply for credit or other services where proof of employment or income is required, you provide consent to the credit grantor to verify that information when signing the application.
- The verifier—who has been carefully screened and credentialed before gaining access to the system—uses the University of Arkansas employer code: 16240 and your Social Security Number to look up your record on The Work Number database.
- The verifier must provide a valid reason or permissible purpose for requesting the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- With the above conditions met, the verifier can validate your employment or income in seconds, accelerating the decision process and helping you obtain the credit you deserve.
Thousands of social services agencies nationwide also use The Work Number regularly to perform verifications. If asked for proof of employment or income, simply inform your caseworker that the information is available on The Work Number, and direct them to www.theworknumber.com or 800-660-3399 for more information.