Health and Safety
The university's efforts to maintain a safe and healthy campus environment involve the efforts of a number of departments and units, including:
- Facilities Management for maintenance of buildings and grounds;
- Environmental Health and Safety for safety training, safety assistance, and compliance with safety laws and regulations;
- The University Health Center for emergency medical treatment, preventative healthcare and health awareness programs;
- The Department of Public Safety (University of Arkansas Police Department) for response to automobile accidents, serious injuries and medical emergencies, violent assaults, crime response and prevention, crowd control for university sponsored events, escort services, and property protection; and
- Risk Management and Insurance for work-related injuries or illnesses that may involve a workers' compensation claim.
If you become aware of any injuries, potentially unsafe or hazardous conditions, or criminal activities, please report them immediately to the appropriate department or unit or to your supervisor.
Monday, September 28, 2009 4:10 PM