Personal Service Request
Spring Biennium Personal Services Request (PSR) for Fiscal Years 2023 and 2025
This page outlines the process that allows the University to utilize the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) Personal Services Request (PSR) to request additional non-classified or classified positions, and for colleges and divisions to request changes to non-classified positions for the 2024 fiscal year.
Position requests must be submitted on the appropriate online form, with vice chancellor approval, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 5:00 p.m. on February 20, 2023.
- Academic units submit to:email@example.com
- All other units submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that any positions obtained will not become effective until July 1, 2024.
GOAL: The goal of the PSR is to obtain critical positions that colleges and divisions need while maintaining consistency in the total number of positions authorized by the State.
TYPES OF PSR REQUESTS:
- Additional positions: All requests for new positions
- Deletion of positions: For removal of any title or position that is no longer valid.
- New title: A request for any new title that is either not currently in our appropriation act or not found in the form’s dropdown list.
- Title Change: To request a change in a position title without changes in salary or duties.
- Exceptional Salary Increase: To request any new salary for a title that goes above the normal increases to the line-item maximum.
THE PSR PROCESS:
- Identify critical needs. Vice chancellors, deans and department heads should identify non-classified needs for the 2024 fiscal year. HR staff are available to discuss and review staffing goals and strategies as well as provide tools to assist with strategic planning for future needs.
- Consider if you are currently utilizing or plan to utilize all the positions that you have been allotted.
- Identify positions to be surrendered. Colleges and divisions must surrender a current position to acquire a new position, except in exceptional circumstances. Provisional positions cannot be surrendered.
- Surrendered positions should be noted in the justification with the state title and Position ID number included.
- Complete the Fiscal Years 2024 Personal Services Request form for each position requested.
- Please include metrics related to the need for the position in the justification Requests that do not include data justifying the request may not be approved.
- The PSR form is provided to include drop-down buttons on many of the fields. Additionally, the form consists of two parts: one for the new position request, and another for the notation of the position(s) being surrendered for the new position.
- Obtain Vice Chancellor approval. The Vice Chancellor’s signature is required on the request form.
- Discuss position needs with the appropriate Vice Chancellor to confirm support in moving forward with the position request(s).
- Submit forms to Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 20, 2023. Academic units should submit forms to email@example.com. All other units submit forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Human Resources will compile the approved requests and reconcile the requests with positions that are currently available to be reallocated or surrendered to identify the new position requests. These requests will be recommended to the Chancellor for submission to the Arkansas Department of Higher Education when the PSR is announced this spring.
- The online form must be used. Scanned or pdf copies of the interactive form will not be accepted.
- You will receive a confirmation email indicating that we have received your request.
- Positions approved by the Legislature will be communicated back to the college and departments for posting effective June 1, 2024, to be filled effective July 1, 2024.
For questions, please contact:
Classification and Compensation: at email@example.com or 575-5351