New Employee Checklist
Welcome to the University of Arkansas!
Congratulations! We are happy to have you join our UA Fayetteville team. The checklist below will help you get started as a new employee.
If you have questions or need help with any of these steps, contact Employee Services. After you sign your offer letter, complete the following:
- Complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification at Central HR, located in the Administration Building at 1125 W. Maple, Ste. 222. I-9 Acceptable Documents. Make your 15-minute appointment using our Booking Tool
- Using your 9-digit university ID number, activate your email and Workday account. If you don’t have your university ID number, contact Employee Services.
- Full-time appointed staff should register and attend a New Employee Orientation (NEO) and a Benefits Orientation. Questions? Contact Employee Services
- Faculty are asked to attend New Faculty Orientation which is typically held the Tuesday before the first day of classes in August. New faculty should contact the Teaching and Faculty Support Center for details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-3222.
- Complete onboarding tasks and benefits enrollment in Workday.
- Complete all necessary training. You will have training required for all UAF employees, but you also may have training that is department or position specific. OEOC trainings that are required by policy, for both employees and managers, are available through Workday Learning.
- Get your University ID cards at the Campus Card Office located in the Arkansas Union. You will need your 9-digit university ID number.
- Don't get a ticket! You must have either a valid parking permit or pay a parking meter to avoid getting fined. Purchase your permit at My Parking Account. Learn more at Parking and Transit.
- A nonresident employee is anyone who is not either a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (green card holder). Nonresident employees must contact Miranda Gibson ,HR NRA Specialist, to schedule an appointment and complete new employment forms. Failure to do so could result in incorrect taxation of your payments. Learn more about requirements for nonresident employees.
More Information for Getting Started
Payroll statements can be viewed in your profile in Workday under "Pay". You can find the payroll schedule and more information at Getting Paid.
Additional Faculty Information
For new faculty assistance with online learning management tools, you can contact the Blackboard Learn Help Desk at email@example.com or 479-575-2905 or 479-575-4357. You can also check out tips.uark.edu.
Important Contact Information
Employee Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Tech help email@example.com