Apply for RazorTemps
Serving as a RazorTemp can help you get your foot in the door at the University of Arkansas. We match your needs and skill set with temporary assignment requests from departments across campus.
The majority of RazorTemp assignments are in administrative support, customer service, technical support and custodial/maintenance positions. Other assignments include skilled trades, landscaping, data entry, database management, Web design, and more.
Applicants interested in RazorTemp temporary positions can search the University of Arkansas Career website for RazorTemp listings to submit an application. Once you have been accepted into the RazorTemp pool, you will be considered for positions as they are requested by departments. A member of the RazorTemp recruitment team will contact you when there is a match between your skill set and requirements and a department assignment.
University policy limits the number of hours you may work as a RazorTemp to 1,250 hours per fiscal
year (July 1 to June 30). Hourly positions are paid twice monthly.
Becoming a RazorTemp
The timeline and steps to become a RazorTemp are:
- The applicant searches for RazorTemp postings on our University of Arkansas Career website and applies.
- An applicant may be contacted by a RazorTemp recruitment team member for a screening interview.
- Upon a successful screening interview, the applicant may be invited to attend a program overview of RazorTemp policies, procedures and expectations, and/or a testing session. Proficiency tests may include, but are not limited to typing, Microsoft Office, programming and behavioral tests. Not all positions require proficiency tests. Proficiency test results are shared with applicants.
- An interview may be scheduled.
- Upon successful completion of the interview, the applicant can be placed in a position immediately or in the RazorTemp pool to wait for an assignment match. All RazorTemp assignments require the satisfactory completion of a background check prior to beginning employment. Satisfactory is at the sole discretion of the University. Required background checks include a criminal background and sex offender registry check. Depending on the assignment, a substance abuse test and/or financial history check may also be required.
RazorTemps must adhere to their assignment schedule and pre-schedule any absences with their department supervisor. If you must be absent from work for any reason, you are responsible for notifying your department within the first hour of your regularly-scheduled time to report to work. Your department has the option of requiring earlier notification.
If your department is not notified, your absence will be considered unauthorized and can result in disciplinary action. Attendance records are maintained for all RazorTemps, and any discipline becomes part of the employee's record, which can impact future assignments and employment decisions.
You retain the option to end your employment with RazorTemps at any time. Should you end your employment without notice and/or abandon your position, you will be removed from the RazorTemp program. The University of Arkansas may also end your employment at anytime. As such, your employment with RazorTemps is at-will and neither this information, nor any other oral or written representation, may be considered a contract.
Code of Ethics
As an employee of the University of Arkansas, you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner that strengthens the public's trust and confidence by adhering to the principles of conduct and ethical standards as described in Board of Trustees Policy 335.1.