6.2 Compensation at Initial Appointment
(Act 1461 of 2001)
If you are employed by the university in a classified position for the first time and have not transferred from another state agency or institution, you will be paid at Level I (entry level) of the pay grade assigned to your job classification. Exceptions to this policy may be made when:
- A special entry rate, based on the labor market, has been approved by the chief fiscal officer of the state for your job classification.
- A special entry rate, based on exceptional qualifications, has been requested and approved by the chief fiscal officer of the state and the state Office of Personnel Management prior to your appointment.
- You are transferring from a nonclassified position to a classified position.
- You work in a position that is eligible for shift differential.
- Your specific job assignment requires the skill of communicating in another language, including sign language.
- Hiring ranges for first time new hires to state government may be authorized by the Office of Personnel Management during the current biennium.
Monday, July 29, 2013 12:32 PM