Appointed Classification/Pay Grid
Appointed classified positions are grouped or classified by the Arkansas Uniform Classification and Compensation Act with positions that have similar duties and responsibilities and require similar knowledge, abilities, skills, education and experience.
The Arkansas Department of Finance Job Class Code Search (OPM Classified Position Search) provides detailed information on classified positions. Not all titles listed on the OPM are available for use at the University of Arkansas.
Searching Class Specifications (OPM)
Find state job specifications using the OPM Classified Position Search.
- By class code using the drop-down menu under Select Class Specifications
- Alphabetically by title using the drop-down menu under Select Class Specifications
- By entering a Grade (such as C113 or C109) under Select Class Specifications
- By entering a specific job title under Search for a Specific Job Title
- Click Show Class Codes to view the search results.
- View the Code, FLSA (exempt/non-exempt status), Description and Grade; click the job title to view the complete position description.
Note: Nonclassified position descriptions are not listed. Not all titles listed on the OPM website are for institutional use.
Contact an HR Expert with questions.
Each classification is assigned to one of 30 pay grades.