Create a Position Description in PeopleAdmin
Building a position description is the foundation for all subsequent actions in PeopleAdmin. This step defines job duties and their percentages and may be performed by the Initiator, Reviewer or Approver.
Log in and Select User Group
Log into PeopleAdmin with your UARK username and password.
Select the appropriate user group, Initiator, Reviewer or Approver, from the drop-down menu on the top right and click the Refresh button.
Select Position Management Module
Mouse-over the Applicant Tracking drop-down menu in the top right and select Position Management.
Modify Position Description
- Mouse-over the Position Descriptions tab and select the position type.
- Click the title of the position description. If the position is not listed, change your search filters by selecting more search options.
- Click Modify Position Description. Click Start.
The position description will be locked until the your changes are approved or canceled.
Edit the Position Request
For guidance on completing a position description, see the PeopleAdmin 7 tutorial Understanding the Position Description.
- Change Requested: Indicate the type of changes you are requesting, if the position will be filled after the modification is approved and how the position will be filled. Click Next.
- Classification: If you are requesting a reclassification, the Classification/Compensation office will update the appropriate classification for the position. Click Next.
- Position Details: Update information as necessary, ensuring all required fields are completed. Click Next.
- Job Duties: To add a job duty, click the Add Job Duties entry and complete the required fields. To remove a job duty, click Remove Job Duty and click Save. Ensure the total duties equal 100%. Click Next.
- Additional Position Details: Update information as necessary, ensuring all required fields are completed. Click Next.
- Working Conditions: Update information as necessary, ensuring all required fields are completed. Click Next.
- Budget Information: Update information as necessary, ensuring all required fields are completed. Click Next.
- Supervisory Position: To update the supervisor, locate the supervisor's position from the list of approved position descriptions. If you are unable to find the supervisor, click Filter These Results to expand your search. Click the radio button to the right of the supervisor's working title and click Save to add the supervisor. Click Next.
- Position Documents: To add a position document, mouse-over Actions and select either Upload New, Create New or Choose Existing. Upload or enter the document. Click Next.
- Summary: Check for errors, ensuring all sections have a blue check mark next to the title. Click the Edit button on the right of the page title to correct errors in a section with an orange explanation point icon.
- History: To review previous comments and/or a history of position changes, click the History tab to review.
- Take Action on the Position Request: To submit your changes to the approval chain, mouse-over Take Action on Position Request and select the next reviewer in your approval chain.