University of Arkansas
222 Administration Building
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Fax: (479) 575-6971
University Holiday Schedule2014-2015 Holiday Schedule
The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, will observe the following holidays during the period July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015:
1. July 4, 2014 Independence Day
2. September 1, 2014 Labor Day
3. November 27, 2014 Thanksgiving Day
4. November 28, 2014* Thanksgiving Holiday
5. December 24, 2014 Christmas Eve
6. December 25, 2014 Christmas Day
7. December 26, 2014 In lieu of Veteran's Day
8. December 29, 2014 In lieu of employee's birthday
9. December 30, 2014 Charged to annual leave**
10. December 31, 2014 Charged to annual leave**
11. January 1, 2015 New Year's Day
12. January 2, 2015 Charged to annual leave***
13. January 19, 2015 Dr. Martin Luther King's Birthday
14. March 27, 2015 Friday of Spring break, in lieu of George
Washington's/Daisy Gatson Bates' Day
15. May 25, 2015 Memorial Day
*Declared by Governor
**Employees who do not wish to use annual leave on December 30 and 31 may make up the time by
working extra hours during the early part of December. Specific information will be provided to
employees and departments before December 2014.
*** Employees who do not wish to use annual leave on January 2 may make up the time by working
extra hours during the month of January. (Special Note: In the event the governor declares January 2nd a
special holiday, annual leave will not be charged and time will not need to be made up in the month of
January.) Specific information will be provided to employees and departments before December 2014.
When a holiday (except December 25) falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday is observed; when
December 25 falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is observed. When a holiday (except December
24) falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is observed.
All regular salaried and non-student extra help employees are eligible to receive holiday pay provided
they are in paid status the last scheduled work day before the holiday and the first scheduled work day
after the holiday, in accordance with Arkansas Code Ann. §1-5-104.
Employees who work less than full-time may take the holiday at a rate proportionately equal to their
time worked. For example, if an employee works half-time, a holiday would be granted equivalent to
four (4) hours.
Revised May 14, 2014