University of Arkansas
222 Administration Building
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Fax: (479) 575-6971
The monthly timesheet is available in interactive form for use with Microsoft Excel or Adobe Acrobat. The Microsoft Excel version is recommended for those using a computer with Microsoft Excel installed.
This timesheet was developed to make recording work hours easy for both the employee and the Department Leave Representative. This form is interactive and by simply typing in the blanks with starting and ending times and any leave used for the day, the timesheet will calculate total hours, leave used, and extra time accrued with daily, weekly and monthly totals.
Download Timesheet for use with Adobe Acrobat
When using Adobe Acrobat Reader the form can only be saved in its original form. The form cannot be saved along with time entered from each day.
Download Timesheet for use with Microsoft Excel
Field description and directions can be viewed by placing your mouse over fields with a "red flag" in the upper right corner.
Tips and Directions
- Only fields (blanks) that need your input are accessible. A field that you cannot type into is auto filled by the timesheet and your input is not necessary.
- Displaying the correct dates on your Timesheet. Selecting the month and year using the dropdown arrows in the "Month" and "Year" fields will auto fill the correct dates and days on the Timesheet.
- Enter time for the "In" and "Out" blanks with the time you began or ended working. Indicate if time is AM or PM. To do this enter the time (i.e. 8:00), a space using the spacebar, A for AM or P for PM then the Enter Key.
Example: Indicates the employee started work at 8:00 AM, left at 10:00 AM, returned at 12:30 PM, and then ended the work day at 2:30 PM. Resulting in a total of 4 hours worked for the day.
- Enter vacation or sick leave by entering the quantity of hours in the designated column. The most frequently requested leave (Vacation and Sick) have their own column for easy entry and tracking.
- Enter all other leave types by entering the quantity of hours and leave code in the "Other Leave" columns. Enter the quantity of hours in the left column and enter the leave code in the adjacent right column (leave code abbreviations can be viewed by placing your mouse pointer over the heading "Leave Codes".)
Example: The employee worked 4 hours, reported 1 hour of Vacation leave, 1 hour of Sick leave, and 2 hours Family Sick Leave (F) with a total of 8 hours reported for the day.
- Error! in the Total Columns.
A space must be between the time and the AM/PM indicator. Without the space the sheet will not recognize the entry as a time format and this will result in a calculation error. To correct put a space between the time and AM/Pm indicator.
A null value has been accidentally entered into the field (blank). To correct select the field with your mouse "right click" and choose "Clear Contents".